The color orange is located between yellow and red in the spectrum of light, and that’s where you will find the Orange Horizon Pepper. The 4" blocky fruit begins to glow as it ripens and brightens from green to yellow to orange to more orange. Crispy, crunchy, sweet, and juicy with no heat. Locate this one in your garden between the Summer Crookneck Squash and the Beefsteak Tomatoes.
- High yields
- Sweet and juicy
- Harvest any color
- Good fresh and cooked
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Capsicum annuum
- Pepper size: Large
- Plant support: Tomato cage or stake
- Depth to plant seeds: .25" deep
- Spacing between plants: 18"-24" apart
- Spacing between rows: 24"-36" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 7-21 days
- Germination soil temps: 75F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 1 plant per 2 sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 75-80 days
- Large yields of orange sweet peppers that have mild flavor. Thick walls. Easy to grow. Grows well in a 5 gallon container. Perfect for culinary dishes.
- One large bell pepper contains 209 mg of vitamin C, which is almost three times the 70 mg of an average orange.
|All Peppers ⟐ Sweet Peppers||📚 Sweet Peppers Grow Guide|
* THE SEED SHOP *
Discover even more variety for your garden
Filter seed varieties by personality: